Saturday, May 28, 2005

Estamos!

I did try to post an earlier post, on the first (second?) day we were here, but it doesn't seem to have posted. At any rate my pesos are about to run out so I will keep this one short:

1) We are here!
2) Man do people in Buenos Aires love their dogs. If only her Gussy were here, Robyn would be in doggie heaven. Dogs don't go to heaven, they all go to Buenos Aires!
3) We have seen Belen, she looks fabulous, she is exactly the same, she LOVED the Bermuda football jersey (even though at first she thought it was an England jersey and was about to jump on a plane and fly to Bermuda to kick 'College Boy's' ass!)
4) The level that my Spanish has deteriorated to is HORRIFYING
5) We have already sampled several botellas de vino - not a single one has been more than $4 US and every single one has been fabulous. My favourite so far? The medialitro we just bought in a cafe along with a siphon of soda water - the portenos drink so much wine that they often squirt soda water into it in a feeble attempt to slow down their alcohol intake. Clearly we had so much fun with the soda siphon that we ended up ordering way more wine than we usually would have.
6) The apartment is perfect, our landlord is very funky, and the Internet place is super cheap and directly across the street, so I promise I will post more soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home